650R tip drilling PIA!! help

Can you drill out tip using a regular electric drill with a 2inch hole saw blade(for metal) or do I need a hammer drill? I've been trying for the last 45minutes and it doesn't seem like I'm making any progress. It doesn't appear to be a deep cut so i wouldn't think it should be too hard to drill through. :thumbsup: If needbe I'll just go get a hammer drill, been wanting one anyway, instead of spending 100+ bucks for HRC tip. thanks

Either your hole saw is dull or your drill is drilling back wards. It does not take all that long. I prefer to buy the power up tip from Honda but I did drill my first one out and it only took me about 5 minutes if that.

Something is not right. :thumbsup:

hey man make sure your not bottoming out the whole saw

I'm drilling it straight on, but I'm not getting any fragments, maybe I am bottoming it out, but how can I correct it.

I got it off! :thumbsup: Uncorking done!!, started right up 3 kicks. Took it for a short rip. Runnin sweeeettt!!! Nice thoaty sound, (a bit loud for me, but not that bad. :lame::p:bonk:

I have a hrc tip I will sale you for 40 dollars plus shipping. It's in great shape.

I have a hrc tip I will sale you for 40 dollars plus shipping. It's in great shape.

That is a very good deal. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

How much louder is the HRC tip vs. the drilled out stocker? I may be interested.

How much louder is the HRC tip vs. the drilled out stocker? I may be interested.

The HRC tip is a bit quieter and throatier sounding in my opinion. Both are somewhat loud but not anything like the Yamaha 426's were.

Were there any noticeable power gains over the drilled setup?

From the people I've talked to, no or not enough to make much difference :thumbsup:

I would like the HRC tip if it is still available. PM me. Thanks.

I'm looking for a used HRC tip in like new condition and a AIS block off kit, call 303.236.8000 x5285