HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ferdinand

650R tip drilling PIA!! help

13 posts in this topic

Can you drill out tip using a regular electric drill with a 2inch hole saw blade(for metal) or do I need a hammer drill? I've been trying for the last 45minutes and it doesn't seem like I'm making any progress. It doesn't appear to be a deep cut so i wouldn't think it should be too hard to drill through. :thumbsup: If needbe I'll just go get a hammer drill, been wanting one anyway, instead of spending 100+ bucks for HRC tip. thanks

Either your hole saw is dull or your drill is drilling back wards. It does not take all that long. I prefer to buy the power up tip from Honda but I did drill my first one out and it only took me about 5 minutes if that.

Something is not right. :thumbsup:

I'm drilling it straight on, but I'm not getting any fragments, maybe I am bottoming it out, but how can I correct it.

I got it off! :thumbsup: Uncorking done!!, started right up 3 kicks. Took it for a short rip. Runnin sweeeettt!!! Nice thoaty sound, (a bit loud for me, but not that bad. :lame::p:bonk:

I have a hrc tip I will sale you for 40 dollars plus shipping. It's in great shape.

That is a very good deal. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

I have a hrc tip I will sale you for 40 dollars plus shipping. It's in great shape.

How much louder is the HRC tip vs. the drilled out stocker? I may be interested.

How much louder is the HRC tip vs. the drilled out stocker? I may be interested.

The HRC tip is a bit quieter and throatier sounding in my opinion. Both are somewhat loud but not anything like the Yamaha 426's were.