Rode a 450

I rode my buddys 03' yz450 today and I wasn't impressed It is completly stock with only about 10-15 hours on it. for where I ride i barely got into second gear. On my 250 i can get into 4th about 1/4 throttle. It felt very top heavy compared to my 03 250f. I don't know if I just wasn't used to it or I just don't like it. BTW i'm only 5'6 and 130lbs. without gear. he is about 5'3 or 5'4 and maybe 120. I'm much faster on my bike than his and I'm faster than he is. I just don't get it. :thumbsup:

I rode my buddys 03' yz450 today and I wasn't impressed It is completly stock with only about 10-15 hours on it. for where I ride i barely got into second gear. On my 250 i can get into 4th about 1/4 throttle. It felt very top heavy compared to my 03 250f. I don't know if I just wasn't used to it or I just don't like it. BTW i'm only 5'6 and 130lbs. without gear. he is about 5'3 or 5'4 and maybe 120. I'm much faster on my bike than his and I'm faster than he is. I just don't get it. :lame:

Sounds like you are sized for 250F anyway...I usually use 2nd 3rd and 4th on mine but I ride on big, long open tracks. It is heavier than the 250F. Properly set up you will be much faster on the 450 the heavier you get :thumbsup:

wow an 03 with 15 hours at most?

I would imagine that thing feels like the 03 yz450f i rode - i was NOT impressed either. I think the ticket for those was a storm link and different offset clamps, im sure someone with one will chime in - or you could search if you care enough to do much more than complain :thumbsup:

good luck

You need to get your leg over a newer 450. I just moved from a 04 450f to a 07 450. The 450 to me seems like a lot lighter bike. I got to ride an 04 450 a while back and that felt very heavy.

I rode my buddys 03' yz450 today and I wasn't impressed It is completly stock with only about 10-15 hours on it. for where I ride i barely got into second gear. On my 250 i can get into 4th about 1/4 throttle. It felt very top heavy compared to my 03 250f. I don't know if I just wasn't used to it or I just don't like it. BTW i'm only 5'6 and 130lbs. without gear. he is about 5'3 or 5'4 and maybe 120. I'm much faster on my bike than his and I'm faster than he is. I just don't get it. :thumbsup:

Unless you ride tracks with a long straightaway or more wide open style then you WILL be riding a 450 in mostly 2nd and 3rd. That comment is completely irrelevant, the bike is just too darn powerful for you to have to rev it out, a 250F is a different story.

Its the only race bike i have ever rode, so it suites me just fine, but if i rode an 06 there would probably be a different bike in my garage. :thumbsup:

wow an 03 with 15 hours at most?

I would imagine that thing feels like the 03 yz450f i rode - i was NOT impressed either. I think the ticket for those was a storm link and different offset clamps, im sure someone with one will chime in - or you could search if you care enough to do much more than complain :thumbsup:

good luck

he bought it brand new from the showroom as a left over about a month ago. and yes i am much better suited on a 250f. maybe if I was bigger I would like it better.