HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fingers

Re-corking

4 posts in this topic

I have to bring my XR-650R to the Japanese inspectors for the biannual emmissions/safety check. Since I bought the bike I swapped out the restrictive arrestor with the HRC unit and added the edelbrock pumper carb (it already had the HRC intake manifold). Can I just put back the stock restictor for the test, or will I need to re-jet? I know the exaust restriction will tend to make the bike rich on top end but I only want to make a temporary adjustment for the test without messing with the needle or pulling the seat and IMS tank to adjust the mixture. I think they are only checking for decibles and wont run past mid-rpm level.

Better cover yourself and put a lean needle in the edelbrock , should take no time, you can probably do a edelbrock carb search here on TT and find some specs for the edelbrock with the stock pipe. Also I believe the edelbrock has the dial a jet on top should you not be able to lean it out enough for an emissions test? If you are in Japan why are you not running a keihan, or mikuni pumper, or fcr, surely they are easier to get there? :thumbsup:

Nothing in Japan is cheaper than in the US. Nothing. I paid here $9,000 for my XR and it was made here? Anyways I passed the test, They only tested at idle so it was not a jetting issue after all. BTW the bike was VERY hard to start with the restrictor in 10-20 kicks hot or cold.