HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taffy

read your mail!

5 posts in this topic

there are some of you out there with private messages and you may not know it.

it's a function of the new forum that we now can recieve our own personal messages.

click on "my profile" at the top and go see if you have any. if i can get the hang of it anyone can!

i'm sure bill or brian will read this so here's one for you boys. Q; from this page how do i get back to the opening picture of all the forums? (as in the two rows of bikes). from there i may be able to get at the technical articles.

Taffy

Taffy,

There may be an easier way but, I just delete everything after www.thumpertalk.com in my address bar and hit enter.

Bill

PS From the jetting (JD developed "E" needle baseline) in my signature, I was not getting the rev limiter slamming that kamakaze was experiencing. Should I lean the MJ. The bike runs great, starts easy and never fouls plugs.

bill

i can't say that it is accepted yet but we're not getting any duff reports on the smaller MAJ's. at the moment they're being put straight in as opposed to back-to-back testing.

i would like to see you try the 200MAJ again and then go 170 or 168. i think that may have been standard and despite the pipe i think your bike will love it. you won't hit the limiter until you go down to a 160MAJ. yamakazi has hit a different problem i think. he's running too rich.

i've done it. in my snap tests in the dark i was asking everyone what it felt like to hit the limiter because i was getting a misfire at the top.

it was simply rich.

Taffy