HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
creeker

13 tooth front sprocket...

7 posts in this topic

I have a 13,14,15 counter and a 42,50,51 rear.

What do you want to do today then swap them out.

I can change counters without removing the chain, just loosen up the back and push the rear tire all the forward.

Woods 13/51

Desert 14/50

Street 15/42

Bought my plated WR426 a few months ago with 14/42 gearing and then moved to 14/47 and finally to my current gearing of 13/47 for a good compromise between techinical singletrack and 50 mph street cruising. Anything above 55mph gets the revs a little high (around 6500-7000) according to my Trailtech Vapor.

I tried doing 13/50 gearing the other day but because I had to move my rear tire so far forward for the chain to fit, my rear tire rubbed bad on the mud flap, couldn't do it, so I stuck wth 13/47.

Anyone else out there running a 13T on their WR426?

I have one on my 02 and it's great for tight stuff.....when the trail gets technical now I find myself in 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 2nd. I'm finding the 13T is way to low for the street, time to get a 15T!