what is uncork?

Saw the video...not sure I'm comfortable doing that...I could probably take things OUT of the bike, but (for me) puttin' 'em back is the problem.

Do you think most TT riders are doing this themselves or taking it to the shop?

I really never worked on any of my bikes other than oil changes and spark plugs, but when I bought my 06 XRL I decided to take on everything myself. I had absolutly no problems doing the mods myself. Just make sure you follow every step in order. Just like building a model car.

Saw the video...not sure I'm comfortable doing that...I could probably take things OUT of the bike, but (for me) puttin' 'em back is the problem.

Do you think most TT riders are doing this themselves or taking it to the shop?

I never, ever take any of my vehicles to a shop. I may take pieces of them to have something done to that piece, but only because I don't have the machine to do the work.

The mods aren't that difficult. But, when all is said and done, you still have to build vaccum to move the slide. I finally gave up and went to an Edelbrock that has a cable actuated slide and have been extremely happy with it's performance versus the stock carb. No choke, easy starting regardless of warm or cold, and instant response. With the vaccum operated stock carb, it seemed to flutter on the top end and that is gone with the Edelbrock. Only disadvantage to the Edelbrock is the cost.