HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pdk068

426 ride hieght adjustment

4 posts in this topic

I have just bought an 01 YZF426 in mint condition and would like to know is it possible and how hard is it to lower the ride height as I am just touching the ground. I have adjusted the damper back to standard 10 clicks out (as this was screwed right in) and reset the high compression damper to standard. The rear spring I assume is standard as I can't see any ID colors on it anywhere. Am I on the right track or not a bit confused at this stage I think all I have done is made it softer :thumbsup:

I am now a converted 4 banger!

You can put a lowering link on the rear end. It drops the seat height 1.5 inches. Do a search on here, the company was called MMS...I think.

you can also adjust your rear shock and set correct race sag. check out some of zip-tys suspension equipment. check out the suspension set up on the home page here which gives great tips on how to set up your suspension.

thanks for that. I am 1 of these blokes who used to ride 12 years ago and as you can appreciate there have been heaps of changes to bikes over that period of time. I have had quite a big jump!

IT 125 realy old 1980?

KDX 175 fairly old 1982? great bike excellent hill climber

IT 250 1983

YZF 426 01