HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

RE: Larger Wave Rotor Upgrades

5 posts in this topic

What kind of options do i have to upgrade to the new style Wave rotors? maybe even larger high performance front one as well?

Zipty racing sells a larger rotor and bracket to relocate the caliper. The super motard guys do a similar set up for $250. US . :thumbsup:

Oversized%20Front%20Brake%20DIsk%20YZ.jpg

Other than looking cool, is there any benefit to using a wave rotor than a standard floating disc?

I have been running wave rotors for years now. I really cant say I can feel the difference. The Galfer wave rotors float up front as well as they seem to last longer than stock ones for me. :lame: I dont think you will feel a performance difference but some riders are more sensitive to subtle changes. :thumbsup:

they have been using them on racing snowmobiles for years now, they say it's lighter and cools better then stock, and like one pound of rotating mass is like 7 pounds of spring weight. I guess this may be similar to bikes as well.....But they do look cool also....and if i get the larger diameter one it will be better brake performance for endos......