Does anyone sell a 11 tooth Front Sprocket For the YZ426?

Does anyone sell a 11 tooth Front Sprocket For the YZ426 or will I have to go huge on the back? Will the chain have to be shortened?

Thanks

Not that i know of, 12 is as small as they go. remember the smaller the front sprocket the more its workin your chain, and i had a wide primary drive chain and when i ran my 12 tooth the chain ground into the cases almost 1/8 inch.

Id go as big on the back as possible.

Ugh... can I run the WR 12 tooth front sprocket with no issues?

Like jimbob said, going smaller on the front sprocket increases the wear and tear that the chain must endure. It is much better to use the largest front sprocket possible to obtain the gearing ratio you are after.

Which is what, BTW??

With all that said, yes there is an 11T countershaft sprocket available for the YZ426F's

PM me if you want to know where.

I put a 13T front on mine and the chain snapped after about a hour of hard riding.

A chain will not simply snap because of sprocket choice.

It is more than likely the chain was too tight, and when the shock is compressed it is stressing the chain and sprocket teeth out.

It is also likely that the chain was worn out and lengthened past recopmmended safe running specs. and when you matched it up with the new teeth of the sprocket, the pitch no longer matched and undue stress was the result.

A chain will not simply snap because of sprocket choice.

It is more than likely the chain was too tight, and when the shock is compressed it is stressing the chain and sprocket teeth out.

It is also likely that the chain was worn out and lengthened past recopmmended safe running specs. and when you matched it up with the new teeth of the sprocket, the pitch no longer matched and undue stress was the result.

The chain was adjusted right but the chain started stretching allot and when i was coming out of a turn and hit the throttle it snapped.