Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NDC

Another Honda Convert

16 posts in this topic

We'll have after two valve jobs in under a year on my CRF250R, I just gave up. I loved that bike, but really got tired of spending more time wrenching than riding.

Picked up a used 06 YZ450F last night, and love it already. Best part was getting the suspension valved/sprung for my weanie butt (145 lbs with gear).

But didn't know I needed to set aside most of my night to change the oil! :thumbsup:

It started out as the yellow aniv bike, but the previous owner put the Henry graphics kit on it.

Pics:

DSC00568.JPG

DSC00569.JPG

OOOO man NDC, that looks sweet, REAL SWEET ! :thumbsup:

I think yours and mine would look great together! I'm nuts over white, red and black bikes.

CRF010.jpg

Yep it was Randy's! I'm stoked. Was going to buy new, but this one had some goodies and the stock YZ450 suspension was going to be too stiff for me.

I'm really not even a fan of stickers and numbers, but this kit is nice, so I'm sure I'll get used too it.

But didn't know I needed to set aside most of my night to change the oil! :thumbsup:

What do you mean? It takes me 30 minutes to do two of them, including cleaning the Scotts oil filters. :lame:

No issue....coming off the CRF where it's one bolt on the bottom. Guess I was spoiled. :thumbsup:

Actually just making sure I was doing it right, the first time. But only having one to change will be about the same time as doing both oil and tranny on the CRF.

No issue....coming off the CRF where it's one bolt on the bottom. Guess I was spoiled. :thumbsup:
Dry sumps aren't quite as simple, are they? Bettere setup, though.

Sweet lookin' bike! :thumbsup:

Coming off a Honda you just couldn't make yourself go blue could you? :lame:

Still have some blue! I run the MSR levers, and the Yamaha version comes with the blue grippers.

DSC00570.JPG

Oil for yz450F = $7.00

Time Spent Changing Oil = 30 min

Time Spent doing Valves on Honda = 15 hours

Time Spent Thinking About Valves on A Yamaha = 1 minute

The Hours and Hours you will have to ride your Yamaha with no concerns = PRICELESS

Enjoy your new ride...

Oil for yz450F = $7.00

Time Spent Changing Oil = 30 min

Time Spent doing Valves on Honda = 15 hours

Time Spent Thinking About Valves on A Yamaha = 1 minute

The Hours and Hours you will have to ride your Yamaha with no concerns = PRICELESS

Enjoy your new ride...

15 hours to do a valve job? Wow, I am glad you aren't a mechanic.

Opps....meant 5 and yeah I probably am not the fastest at it

Yea, I knew you were joking and so was I.

Still have some blue! I run the MSR levers, and the Yamaha version comes with the blue grippers.

DSC00570.JPG

i used one of those MSR brake levers spare in a race once, and had a huge drop in front brake performace...feel at the lever was soft and didnt have near the power. swapped back to an OEM and all was fine. weird. may want to check that ...

im running the ASV C5 now.