Do we need tubes ?

I am wanting to run a set of street tires on my bike when on the street and most performance street tires are tubeless, so can the wheels on a 06 450 run tubeless or can I run a tube in a tubeless tire ? Thanks for the help.

just run tubes in them mate.

I am wanting to run a set of street tires on my bike when on the street and most performance street tires are tubeless, so can the wheels on a 06 450 run tubeless or can I run a tube in a tubeless tire ? Thanks for the help.

Not with spokes.

gotta run a tube in them if you are using spoked wheels. Works fine, just use lower pressure, 23 to 26 pounds.

ok, thanks, so i will just get tubeless tires and run tubes. That sounded like the easy solution,but wanted to be sure ! Thanks for the help.

No, we don't NEED tubes... But I feel safer using them with my 17" tubeless supermoto tires.

If you are willing to lay down a thick layer of silicone over the spoke bed and then wrap a few revolutions with quality duct tape before the silicone cures, a leak-tight seal can be made. This has been documented at supermotojunkies.com.

But since I'd be paranoid and would always be checking to make sure a leak hasn't developed, I'll opt for peace of mind by using tubes.

But tubes may actually be optional...