HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LandSharkGT

Oil Change?

4 posts in this topic

I have a 84 XL600R. I have drained the motor and the down tube on the frame at the oil line, But I only get about 1.5 liters out even though I just put in 2 liters, including filter R&R. Why?

Thanx,

Bill

Shark ,

Why, you say?

It's an American scoot you have there - - at least it's living in America now. It doesn't understand Liters. Neither does anyone on this forum and so you received no replies to your question.

You must feed it QUARTS of oil. You have a case of the classic Liter Loss. To get that extra .5 you put in, you'll have to put a little man in there, a "sump-sweep" as it were, to find the lost oil in all of the crannies and nooks of your engine. It's the only way.

You're welcome.

I have a 84 XL600R. I have drained the motor and the down tube on the frame at the oil line, But I only get about 1.5 liters out even though I just put in 2 liters, including filter R&R. Why?

Thanx,

Bill

Ha! Liter loss!

Sometimes I have the same problem with my 600. I drain out 1.5 but put in more than two. I chalked it up to losses while running. I never seem to get the same reading twice on the dipstick so I don't trust it; I put in a little more than I think it needs and use the dipstick for a judge.

If memory serves correctly, 1 quart is .946 liters so they are more or less equal.

The "O"