what is the best clutches for the 04 yz 450

i just recently purchased all hinson clutch components and was wondering what type of clutches to run barnett ,yamaha, anything else out there i need some tips here from experince with blowing clutches out and what grabs best

thanks

i just recently purchased all hinson clutch components and was wondering what type of clutches to run barnett ,yamaha, anything else out there i need some tips here from experince with blowing clutches out and what grabs best

thanks

I assume you bought pp, hubs and basket from Hinson....So did I and I use GYTR clutch plates...it works awesome :thumbsup:

I will second the GYTR clutch plates.... They work great.

Hinson, GYT-R, or OEM. Use Hinson or GYT-R springs, also.

I've never had any problems with OEM clutches but I have had problems with other aftermarket brands. Remember to soak the plates in motor oil before you install them.

was this set up worth the money , as in all hinson comp,

was this set up worth the money , as in all hinson comp,

As to whether it was really worth it, I don't know, but I'll tell you this. The Hinson in my '03 is without question the smoothest, toughest, best working clutch I've ever had in any dirt bike I've ever owned in 40 years. I run high overall gearing, and have to use the clutch a lot in the few really tight places I ride. It could care less, it seems. It never slips, grabs, fails to release, or needs more than two fingers to operate it, and it's been like that for 3 years. Worth it?

Those interested can save some money by going with GYT-R hardware. It used to actually be re-labeled Hinson parts, but I hear that's changed. As far as I know, the quality is still there.

As to whether it was really worth it, I don't know, but I'll tell you this. The Hinson in my '03 is without question the smoothest, toughest, best working clutch I've ever had in any dirt bike I've ever owned in 40 years. I run high overall gearing, and have to use the clutch a lot in the few really tight places I ride. It could care less, it seems. It never slips, grabs, fails to release, or needs more than two fingers to operate it, and it's been like that for 3 years. Worth it?

Those interested can save some money by going with GYT-R hardware. It used to actually be re-labeled Hinson parts, but I hear that's changed. As far as I know, the quality is still there.

agreed it is definitely worth the money....over stock clutch components