HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SealClubber

WR426 rebore kits

6 posts in this topic

It's been about 2 years since I've ridden my bike due to near back to back deployments. I will be home soon and I want to rebuild my engine on my 01Wr426F. Is there a resleeve & piston kit out there for this bike that will increase the bore size so I can increase the cc? I don't want to stroke it cuz of the cost and I love the way it revs now.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan_Lawrence - You will love the extra cc's, it makes the 426 rev even better. I put a 97mm piston in mine along with the hot cams and some head porting and the thing just rips. It even starts 1st kick still. :thumbsup:

The jetting was a bit confusing for me though. I thought that a bigger motor needs more fuel..... wrong! I went smaller on all my jets, why you ask. The motor is a better pump with the larger bore so it pulls the fuel harder/faster through the carb. Weird I know but spark plugs don't usually lie. I went to a 42 pilot and 162 main. Good luck and come home safe. Thanks for protecting!