HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satch0922

Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Race V

12 posts in this topic

Thought I would post up again in the YZF forum where Garrett made so many friends and helped so many with the early YZF 's. If you can make it you will never forget the experience.

gmbv3.jpg

I never knew Garrett, but I can tell from those of you who did that he was worth remembering.

I did know Jimmy Brockman. He was young, unnaturally, unbeatably fast, irresistibly likable, and a fine human being who met an untimely end doing what he loved. The scars are no less deep than they were 35 years ago, but neither are the memories less sweet. The similarities are a little much for me.

This thread will be stickied until sometime after the race.

Godspeed

I never knew Garrett, but I can tell from those of you who did that he was worth remembering.

I did know Jimmy Brockman. He was young, unnaturally, unbeatably fast, irresistibly likable, and a fine human being who met an untimely end doing what he loved. The scars are no less deep than they were 35 years ago, but neither are the memories less sweet. The similarities are a little much for me.

This thread will be stickied until sometime after the race.

Godspeed

Who was Jimmy Brockman? What was his username on here?

Who was Jimmy Brockman? What was his username on here?
He was a TT Racer in district 38 in the late sixties and early seventies. His life ended at the age of 16 in 1971. Like Garrett, he lives on in the hearts of those who knew him, and will until there are no more of us left.

Robbie Reynard will be at the race and is bring a special guest (this is a surprise but some of us have it narrowed down to at least a few different Pro riders! :lame: ). Who will it be? Pastrana? Voss? Dement? Tedesco? :p

This will be the best GMB yet!

Also, John from MXTech has donated a complete suspension service/revalve to be auctioned off at the race. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Ohh yeah, I remeber hearing that Tedesco moved down here. He would make sence then... Hes a cool guy to talk to, I got to chat for a min or two at the Houston SX.

Tedesco has moved into the Houston area, so do we have a sandbagger?

Are you coming out to the GMB this year John? Hope to see you there.

I am going to try to make it. Is there anyone driving form the Gainseville FL area? I need a bike brought over.