Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boston Mangler

Scotts Steering Stabilizer On an XR650L

4 posts in this topic

Anyone running one on their L? Looks like the speedo cluster would interfere. Are you running the underbar mount or what?

Any pictures would be great!

Looking at getting an L and one of the dealer mentioned i could put a few "extras" into the financing! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Ive got one on my 2006 xr650L, install was pretty easy with no big suprises. there was a thing in the instructions about grinding down a weld on the frame so the bracket would fit correctly, but i just ground a little off the bracket instead. works fine :thumbsup: as far as the speedo, there were no clearance issues at all. the only thing is getting to the ignition switch is a little harder now, but why shut the bike off? just keep riding :lame: the stabilizer makes the bike absolutely great to ride, highway speeds 75mph are comfy and trails are even easier...

Ive got one on my 2006 xr650L, install was pretty easy with no big suprises. there was a thing in the instructions about grinding down a weld on the frame so the bracket would fit correctly, but i just ground a little off the bracket instead. works fine :thumbsup: as far as the speedo, there were no clearance issues at all. the only thing is getting to the ignition switch is a little harder now, but why shut the bike off? just keep riding :lame: the stabilizer makes the bike absolutely great to ride, highway speeds 75mph are comfy and trails are even easier...

Great info! Thanks. Which one did you get exactly? There seems to be quite a bit of options now.

Care to post up a pic or 2?

Thanks a bunch

sorry havent taken any pics yet (yup im lazy :thumbsup:) but i just got the bolt on one for the xr650L, i wouldve gone for the whole tripple clamp version but i didnt see it listed for that bike. they make a big knob setup for it that may be worth ordering while youre at it (its cheap) would make on the fly adjustments alot easier.