HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kball

need help xr650l wiring diag. for my cr500 'tard

4 posts in this topic

I already have my 650r done as a motard on the street. Now is where I need someone's help. I'm also putting my motard cr500 on the street. I need to wire this thing up for dc voltage. I have a 2001 xr650L reg/rect. that I want to use. I'm just too cheap to buy a whole other manual to look up a little wiring. I'd really appreciate it if someone would email me the wiring diagrams for an '01 650L. tonykart71@shaw.ca Thanks

What lighting coil are you running on the 500? I ask because the 650L rec/reg is designed for a 3-phase output and I don't believe there are any aftermarket 3-phase lighting coils for the 500. E-line & Electrosport's stators for the 500 are both single phase. I'm not saying the 650L rec/reg absolutely won't work but you might be better off with an aftermarket single-phase rec/reg from Baja Designs or Trailtech.

I see, i've never done this before so I don't really know what's the best plan of attack.