Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stillsun

Big bore/cams, frame/plastic change finally done...

9 posts in this topic

Didn't get a chance to actually take her out to ride since it decided to pour down rain today... but here's some pictures I took last night, they aren't the greatest since it was getting dark. Now I just need to order some graphics.

245043615_313b2de1a8_b.jpg

245043342_38729c55bf_b.jpg

OKay, finally got some clearer more lit up pictures.... also found a guy selling the Orange Crush front fork guards (what luck?) and those are now on the way to add a little more orange.

258077973_989139bd8a_b.jpg

258077195_c1626484d0_b.jpg

258076470_96a2c485c4_b.jpg

(And yes I know my right hand guard is pushed down to far, I'll be fixing that this weekend, I just need to figure out something with the brake line, that is what is in the way right now.)

wow your bike looks badass... i wasnt sure how good black plastic would look, but all doubts are removed. only problem is itll be a bitch to keep clean.

Yeah it is kinda of annoying in the sense that you can see streaks if you don't get it really clean which looks nasty, but I think I've got that down. With Oklahoma red dirt (mud if wet :thumbsup:) white plastics can become stained rather quickly and white was my other choice... but when I came across the limited edition Orange Crush acerbis plastic side panels I knew which way I was headed.

Some call me a closet KTM fan.... I wouldn't go that far. :lame:

J

Looks pretty badass! Thats definitely a very interesting rear sprocket you have on there.... where did you find that?

Looks pretty badass! Thats definitely a very interesting rear sprocket you have on there.... where did you find that?

It's one of the Sunstar Z-sprockets that are lighter than a normal steel sprocket but (according to them) just as strong, every other tooth is half the normal width and they alternate back and forth. It isn't as light as the aluminum sprockets I've used, but there's no doubt that it will probably hold up a lot longer. Plus it looks cool with the rest of the theme of the bike on top of that.

Josh

It's one of the Sunstar Z-sprockets that are lighter than a normal steel sprocket but (according to them) just as strong, every other tooth is half the normal width and they alternate back and forth. It isn't as light as the aluminum sprockets I've used, but there's no doubt that it will probably hold up a lot longer. Plus it looks cool with the rest of the theme of the bike on top of that.

Josh

I've got one of those sprockets too, it seems to be holding up great. I have it pretty hard in the sand and all other conditions and it isn't wearing yet! The only thing that has wore off is the black coating.