Please help me fix a small clicking noise in my front end.

I have a small clicking noise when I compress my front forks. Its not very loud and it doesnt happen every time I push on them either. I know its not anything internal because the suspension guy I took it to said that it was just something loose in the clamps. What is this and how do I fix it?

One other thing. There are two little rubber semicircles on the left side of the motor. On my bike one of them has caved in slightly. Is this a problem?

I am riding and '03 YZ450F

To check and see if it is the brake, push the bike up against a wall without using the brake, compress the fork. Does it still click? If yes, it is something else, if no it is the floating rotor. It is probably not loose on the hub though I would check the bolts anyway. It is the buttons holding the rotor to mounting flange just wearing in to some extent. What did the suspension guy think it was in the clamps?

• 5 months later...

I had an odd front end clicking/rattle sound on my 04' that took me a while to figure out ... My front number plate had somehow come out of the two alignment points where it mounts at the bottom to the fender ... Don't know how it happened as the darn thing was still bolted in place nice and tight, but they were definately both out of the holes ...