HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RC81

Vapor question: How do i hook up the rpm pickup?

4 posts in this topic

I am not sure what to wrap the red wire around on my 05. I see the coil has two wires going to it than it all fits down in the head. How did you guys do it, I must be misunderstanding something here. Thanks for the help.

I suspect you are working with an inductive coupling/pickup? The new Yammies have a coil with ignitor all in one, so you will just see a voltage/trigger wires. I suppose the coil will create a feild that should work, maybe wrap it around the coil housing, see if that works?

I just wrapped it around the plug wire, right above the boot....

but, it seems like mine is reading a bit high, haven't had a chance to really check it out...I was just happy to get any reading...I'm guessing it's either wrapped too many times (if that even matters), or I didn't set the computer right