Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suburbanassault

Pick and Choose

4 posts in this topic

2003 YZ450F with a GYTR complete pipe, Scotts riser bar and Scott Damper, GYTR aluminum frame guards, less than 10 hours on this bike.

or

2002 yz250f 14 hours on bike, comp cams,new valves,new renthal sprockts and did chain, renthal bars and grips,full fmf pipe, carb tuned and jeted for pipe new ebc breaks and new bump stick suspention, dirt digger clutchm, new dunlop tires

Both for same price.

Which do you go for?

Well, you've posted in the 450 forum, so my guess is that most people's responses will be toward the 450.....

What I would say is either the 450 is a smokin' deal or the 250 is overpriced. The year change from '02-'03 meant better ergo's, suspension, handling, etc etc. Not only are you getting another 200cc's with the 450, but you're getting a generation newer.

What are you currently riding? What's your background? What kind of riding are you going to do? Which bike better fits your needs, that's what it comes down to....

2003 YZ450F with a GYTR complete pipe, Scotts riser bar and Scott Damper, GYTR aluminum frame guards, less than 10 hours on this bike.

or

2002 yz250f 14 hours on bike, comp cams,new valves,new renthal sprockts and did chain, renthal bars and grips,full fmf pipe, carb tuned and jeted for pipe new ebc breaks and new bump stick suspention, dirt digger clutchm, new dunlop tires

Both for same price.

Which do you go for?

The 450 has the goodies! I would probably go with that plus its newer than the 250f. Assuming both bikes are mint shape.... otherwise get the cleaner bike.

Me I would go for the 450.

Like said it is newer and has less use.

03 450 is suuposedly a handful in terms of the hit in the powerband.

But I really don't think you can have too much power. You just need to manage it.