07 Limited Edition

How does it turn???? Did they get out the turning gremelins?

Huh?

2006 was a great bike but from my understanding it still did the Yamaha front wheel push in the turns. They way to help this but not totally correct this was to drop the forks a little and set the sag at 97mm not the standard 100. This year they revised the frame which revised the rake and also legthened the rear shock to help with the turning.

Making the adjustments you mentioned does in fact pretty much completely eliminate any pushing in the turns. The front of an '06 Z450 set up like that is as planted as any MC bike I've ridden in a very long time. The changes to the chassis of the '07 were made with these typical adjustments to the '06 in mind. But even as issued, the '06 is not as prone to push as the earlier models are, nor did it ever tend to come completely unstuck without warning as does a CF, a fault they are rarely knocked for in the press, and certainly not bad enough to be accused of harboring "gremlins". Or maybe the stock 739 front tire is actually a gremlin.

In fact, once set up right, the '06 is one of the most marvelously neutral bikes I can remember riding. High, low, inside, on the rail, oversteer, understeer, it's all up to you. The bike will do whatever you want.

Kewl... My 04 250f pushes like a drug dealer... lol I still love it but am very interested in getting a bike with no push when I lay down 7k!

06 Push????

I have an 03 and an 06 YZ450 and IMHO the 06 has no push. Especially in comparison to the 03. In fact, the 06 is the best turning 450 I have ever ridden, in fact it is comparable to my KX 250 and my old RM 250.

There will never be an MX'er that won't push the front under any circumstance because of the head angle that is required for the suspension to be able to run hard over the outrageously rough surfaces we insist on riding them through until there is something better than telescoping forks to use for the front suspension. If you look at a correctly set up pure flat track bike, or better, a speedway rig, you'll see how the fork should be carried on a bike so that it basically won't push, no matter what, even when the front tire is sliding. At least not on a graded surface. But that kind of steering geometry (head angles around 20 degrees and even less), even if you could make the forks strong enough to stay straight and work through their travel in MX or offroad, would tuck the front on the first good braking bump you found in a corner. It's all a kind of compromise.

The beauty of the newest YZ450's is how well the compromise has been worked out.

Lucky bast#$d. Thats just wrong. Sitting in South Africa and Yamaha haven't landed any yet.

Bike looks auwsome

Muz

:thumbsup:

Sorry...I still think they missed the boat BIG TIME by not going with white and red. The white and silver combo does nothing for me at all.

I don't like the silver on the seat cover. If it was all black it would look better IMO, and what's with Yamis and their crooked ass rear fender? It looks like the subframe is bent from the factory!

that absolutely bugs the crap out of me.....a 7k bike with a bent subframe......glad my 06 was straight.....

I too am not sure about that color...enjoy the bike it will be sweet :thumbsup:

I don't like the silver on the seat cover. If it was all black it would look better IMO, and what's with Yamis and their crooked ass rear fender? It looks like the subframe is bent from the factory!

Nah...they designed it that way. It's an aerodynamic solution to counteract the extra weight of the exhaust system on the right side of the bike. A true marvel of Yamaha engineering prowess. :thumbsup:

There's always the chance the fender was left leaning against the side of the crate for a month and it just hasn't had the chance to "unwind" yet.

Sorry...I still think they missed the boat BIG TIME by not going with white and red. The white and silver combo does nothing for me at all.

I'm with you on this one.The white and red kit that you can buy is the hottest graphic kit i have ever seen! :thumbsup:

what's with Yamis and their crooked ass rear fender? It looks like the subframe is bent from the factory!

Every CRF I've owned is the same damn way... :thumbsup:

the crooked rear fender does seem to be a YAMAHA trademark. The 03,04, and 05's seem to be about 50/50. Maybe Gray is right...it happens in shipping?

HOWEVER...the two smokes don't have that issue. What gives? :thumbsup:

I'm with you on this one.The white and red kit that you can buy is the hottest graphic kit i have ever seen! :applause:

I guess that my excuse is I owned a 1986 YZ125 and a 1990 YZ250. I know it sounds lame, but if they had put it out in red and white, I would have regretted getting the '06. As it is, I'm good. :thumbsup:

Looks nice, I like blue better.

I dont know if i would pay more for the white over the blue but it does look pretty nice :thumbsup:

thats darn SIIIIICKKKK

and what's with Yamis and their crooked ass rear fender? It looks like the subframe is bent from the factory!

My '06 is the same way...

The white, silver, black color scheme is sweet. If the motor were black it would be even better.