HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pbguy16

What Brand Plastics and Graphics

21 posts in this topic

I have kinda scratched my stock plastics up learning how to ride on a 06 YZ 450. (Good Starter Bike) i was wondering what brand plastics everyone recommends and also who makes a cool graphics kit for the 06. thanks and sorry if this is a repeat

seth

I always use Acerbis plastics.... well priced and good quality. I thought I might get this kit next. Looks pretty sharp and for $99 for everything, graphics/seat cover and trim kit, you won't find anything cheaper.

I put Acerbis shrouds with One Industries Alpha graphics on my 06, or at least I will when I have the time. I really like the One graphics, and if you're interested I have the seat cover from the kit left over that I'd make you a good deal on.

Some of the Acerbis stuff is a little disappointing. The side plates for a '00-'02 YZF don't have the hooks at the top that hang over the sub frame and keep that corner tucked in. They also don't come with the heat tiles on the pipe side as Poli-Sport does. What really ticked me was the fact that I had to ream the mounting holes to accept the aluminum sleeves that go in those holes.

I would just go with some OEM stuff myself, but if you're looking for cheaper stuff, UFO, and Acerbis seem to be pretty popular. GYTR Graphics are really factory looking, and I like them. N-Style , One Industries , Skin Industries, Factory Effex , etc...also make graphics. De-Cal works, and 180Graphics could make some custom ones for you if you want too.

Good starter bike eh?

Anyone know if the wr 450 plastic side number plates will work on the yzf's? I hate that there is no place on the right side of the bike to lift it up. I do a lot of woods riding and it's nice to have a place to grab that doesn't burn your hand. My large chunky sausage fingers don't fit in the air scoops. Thanks

Anyone know if the wr 450 plastic side number plates will work on the yzf's? I hate that there is no place on the right side of the bike to lift it up. I do a lot of woods riding and it's nice to have a place to grab that doesn't burn your hand. My large chunky sausage fingers don't fit in the air scoops. Thanks

You're supposed to lift it by the fender (closest to seat as you can get)...at least that is what I do...and put some leg into it!

I have kinda scratched my stock plastics up learning how to ride on a 06 YZ 450. (Good Starter Bike) i was wondering what brand plastics everyone recommends and also who makes a cool graphics kit for the 06. thanks and sorry if this is a repeat

seth

Must be nice to have an 06 450 as a starter Bike! Acerbis /N-Style - Best I have used.

Go with UFO plastics. I had a front fender on my 03 250f it was basically my starter bike only went on 4 rides before I bought the 250. I had penlty of crashes on the 250 and the ufo didn't break. Had the 250 for almost 3 years the fender is just starting to break. Also the ufo fender was on the bike when I bought it used in Fed. 04.

I use DirtDigits and there number plates come with the graphics installed on Polisports plastics.