HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbalias

CS nut size

10 posts in this topic

anyone know the size socket for the CS nut on my 1998 400f.

i need to go get a socket.

thanx

Check this space tomorrow if no one else answers tonight. It's the same size as one of the axle nuts, but I don't remember which one.

...and while we are at it, does anybody know the size of the steering stem nut on top of the triple clamps? I've always used a big crescent wrench (yeah, yeah...no comments please!) that I have but I want to buy a socket for it. Crescent wrenches and 105 ft/lbs of torque don't go well together...for that matter it would be nice to actually be able to use a torque wrench when reinstalling.

Check this space tomorrow if no one else answers tonight. It's the same size as one of the axle nuts, but I don't remember which one.

not the same as either axle nut.

this is on a 1998 yz400f.

hahahah. 'maybe'

that would be cool if i could go to the store and maybe buy that socket. no biggie. ill measure it eventually. i was planning on changing sprockets and chain. but ive got a coulpe of days before my parts come in.

The front sprocket nut on all 3 of my YZF's is 27mm, which is the same as the rear axles of all 3 bikes. I use a 1 1/16" six point, because it's a near perfect fit, and I have one.

The top stem nut on '05 and earlier models, perhaps not including a YZ400, is 30 mm, the '06 is 32 mm.

The front sprocket nut on all 3 of my YZF's is 27mm, which is the same as the rear axles of all 3 bikes. I use a 1 1/16" six point, because it's a near perfect fit, and I have one.

The top stem nut on '05 and earlier models, perhaps not including a YZ400, is 30 mm, the '06 is 32 mm.

Thanks Gray...I measured them both last night myself.

ok...on my yzf, it is definately larger than the axle bolts. i measured it out to be about 31.75mm, so ill go get a 32mm socket.

thats all. :thumbsup: