CS nut size

anyone know the size socket for the CS nut on my 1998 400f.

i need to go get a socket.

thanx

going once, going twice......?

anyone???

Check this space tomorrow if no one else answers tonight. It's the same size as one of the axle nuts, but I don't remember which one.

...and while we are at it, does anybody know the size of the steering stem nut on top of the triple clamps? I've always used a big crescent wrench (yeah, yeah...no comments please!) that I have but I want to buy a socket for it. Crescent wrenches and 105 ft/lbs of torque don't go well together...for that matter it would be nice to actually be able to use a torque wrench when reinstalling.

Check this space tomorrow if no one else answers tonight. It's the same size as one of the axle nuts, but I don't remember which one.

not the same as either axle nut.

this is on a 1998 yz400f.

32mm maybe? :thumbsup:

hahahah. 'maybe'

that would be cool if i could go to the store and maybe buy that socket. no biggie. ill measure it eventually. i was planning on changing sprockets and chain. but ive got a coulpe of days before my parts come in.

The front sprocket nut on all 3 of my YZF's is 27mm, which is the same as the rear axles of all 3 bikes. I use a 1 1/16" six point, because it's a near perfect fit, and I have one.

The top stem nut on '05 and earlier models, perhaps not including a YZ400, is 30 mm, the '06 is 32 mm.

The front sprocket nut on all 3 of my YZF's is 27mm, which is the same as the rear axles of all 3 bikes. I use a 1 1/16" six point, because it's a near perfect fit, and I have one.

The top stem nut on '05 and earlier models, perhaps not including a YZ400, is 30 mm, the '06 is 32 mm.

Thanks Gray...I measured them both last night myself.

ok...on my yzf, it is definately larger than the axle bolts. i measured it out to be about 31.75mm, so ill go get a 32mm socket.

thats all. :thumbsup: