HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgiinc

07 Xr650l Pro Taper Cr Hi Bend Info

11 posts in this topic

I want to put these bars on my bike does anyone know if they will bolt right on stock tree or do I need an adaptor and if so please give me a link or part number

thanks

First off, I think the pro tapers are much better than the renthals. Second, where are you going to buy your bars? Just go down to your local shop. If they have the bars, they'll have the adapters. The protaper brand adaptors are only $40. You are totally over thinking this. justicedone has given you the best responce yet. After you go to your local shop and get all of this done, you'll think to yourself, "why didn't I just do this in the first place?" C'mon, get off that computer chair and go to cycle gear or something! I believe in you!!

I want to put these bars on my bike does anyone know if they will bolt right on stock tree or do I need an adaptor and if so please give me a link or part number

thanks

If you get the 7/8" SE bars, they are a direct fit and will need nothing, other than a few minutes to install.

If you go with oversized Pro-Tapers, then you would need an adpater kit.

If you bike has solid mounted bars stock, then you need # 02-4899

If your bike has rubber-mounted bars stock, then you need # 02-4898.

These are the Pro-Taper part #'s available through Tucker Rocky at your favorite dealer or through the Thumpertalk store !! :thumbsup:

ok I did get up out of the chair and when to local shop and they did not have dick any came back and orded these

Code Item Qty Price Total

TR_027915 CONTOUR CR HIGH SIL PT

1 $62.99 $62.99

TR_024899 PROTAPER UNIV MNT KT NO PAD

1 $35.99 $35.99

TR_024847 PROTAPER 1/2 WAFL SFT BK

1 $8.99 $8.99

TR_176130 GRIP GLUE

1 $1.76 $1.76