Front Wheel offset

On my 04 yz450 , the front wheel is offset tward the oppisite side of the brake rotor.

Is this normal?

Checked in the manual and I have the spacers right.

That does not sound right. Are both of the spacers the same size? Because the smaller one should go on the side of the rotor.

When mounted in the fork, is the rim centered between the tubes? It should be.

SOME PICS

FRON-FORK-SPACE-01.jpg

FRON-FORK-SPACE-02.jpg

The pics make it appear to be off center, all right. Measure tube to center on both sides to verify, and pull the rim over as needed.

put that wheel between your legs and twist the handlebars to straighten it :thumbsup:

put that wheel between your legs and twist the handlebars to straighten it :thumbsup:

Thats not the problem

the wheel is not crooked its offset to the non brake side about .5"

Maybe it is just me, but it looks like the axle was improperly tightened down. If you notice on the right side of the bike the axle is protruding where it should be flush. I think that is what is making the wheel to appear offcenter. What do ya think Gray?? Tdub

Maybe it is just me, but it looks like the axle was improperly tightened down. If you notice on the right side of the bike the axle is protruding where it should be flush. I think that is what is making the wheel to appear offcenter. What do ya think Gray?? Tdub

I think you nailed it T-DUB! :thumbsup:

Thanks i did unloosen and tap the axle in further

I should be flush with the fork?????????????

You will want to properly align the front end. To do this go ahead and loosen the axle pinch bolts, axle, and lower fork pinch bolts. First tighten the axle to the specified torque. Next you can tighten the brake side axle pinch bolts. Now with the bike off the stand hold the front brake and push the forks down many times. Once you are satisfied go ahead and torque the other side axle pinch bolts and the lower fork pinch bolts.