HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arnie230

Works Connection

7 posts in this topic

no ....not at all. I am just hesitant at buying stuff sight unseen. The product looks like a quality product on the picture. I dont even wanna ride the bike again without the plate on it. The places I ride are very rocky and the front of the engine is wide open.

Best stuff I ever used. Fits perfect, well made, great service dept.

I have used WC stuff for years, but on my 06 YZ450F LE the glide plate is about 10mm-15mm off to one side at the top of the skid plate. It doesn't center up between the frame rails like it should. I have loosened up all the bolts & tried to center it but as soon as you tighten it up it goes back crooked because there isn't any slop in the glide plate holes. Funny thing is, the bottom portion of the plate lines up perfectly with the frame rails. Nothing big really, but I expected a perfect fit.

I have used WC stuff for years, but on my 06 YZ450F LE the glide plate is about 10mm-15mm off to one side at the top of the skid plate. It doesn't center up between the frame rails like it should. I have loosened up all the bolts & tried to center it but as soon as you tighten it up it goes back crooked because there isn't any slop in the glide plate holes. Funny thing is, the bottom portion of the plate lines up perfectly with the frame rails. Nothing big really, but I expected a perfect fit.

I had the same problem, so I called Shawn at Works Connection. He sent me a new plate free of charge, and also threw in some fender stickers. The new plate fits perfectly BTW.

I had some WC stuff on my 00 and I also have their skid plate and radiator cages on my 06- no complaints so far. From my experience, WC stuff is well made and durable.