Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
89TRX350RX

had a little accident... Now need fork parts!!

8 posts in this topic

I had a small wipe-out (large stump in the middle of a trail) and now have a bent front end on 2002 WR426F... I haven't had a real look at it or torn it down, but from appearances it looks like the left outer tube. Tire goes left, bars go right... Pretty upset, but &%$#@!... had fun up til then!!! I was wondering if anyone knows a place to get inexpensive replacement parts (Not cheap, but some dealerships can sell cheaper than others) I found most places, a replacement fork was closer to $700 US and the outer tube was close to $350 US... I haven't even priced them in Canada yet!!! I can hardly wait :thumbsup: Thanks for any help or direction you can give!!! I love the people on this site!!!!

Jamie

I may post duplicates in the WR 250 and the YZ forums to get more help

I'm sure you can get a complete fork off of E-bay for less than that 350 you mentioned just for the outer leg....However, you might not even need the outer tube...Loosen all your triple clamps and try to straighten the front end, it's easy to twist the tubes in the trees, thus making things look a lot worse than it appears...Good luck to ya !

Bending the forks is pretty difficult. Like the others have said, loosen your pinch bolts and try to straighten it that way.... it's happened to me several times and it takes about 5 minutes to fix. However, be careful with the torque specs on the forks... I've snapped a couple. I purposely leave them a little looser than spec.

thanks to all... I loosened them up and shook them around a little... They straightened right up... I sure was Happy..

Jamie

If you need a pair of triple clamps, I have the stock pair off of my '03 yz450f. I would let them go cheap if you need them.