Quickshot cover vs. BK mod

I know both these mods have probably been covered extensively here at TT but I couldn't find a direct comparison so I'm asking. Maybe they're not even apples for apples so they can't be compared, do they even come close to performing the same task?

I am about to do a little carb maintenance and possibly replace the AP diaphragm in order to cure a stall/bog and thought I might do one of these two mods while I'm at it. I'm a rookie mechanic at best and think the adjusting (not the installing) part of the BK mod might be more than I can handle so therefor the pump cover is definitely more appealing.

I'm at the same point you are with my '02 426...let me know what you come up with and how it worked for you!

Will do :thumbsup:

I have heard that the quickshot does not help very much. Don't know a thing about the BK mod.

What I do know is that once I installed my ZipTy fuel screw and got it dialed in just right (I do it before every ride now) and raised my idle speed a little bit, that my zero to 1/4 throttle bog problem has essentially disappeared. That combined with the hotcams auto-decomp cam has virtually eliminated the problems associated with stalling, i.e., if it does happen to bog-stall (which is rare now) it will generally fire back up under compression as long as I am carrying a little of speed.

Do not let the BK/GB Mod intimidate you! It is very easy to do and the results are impressive to say the least. The price is even better. Once you remove the carb, the rest is simple. Just make sure the area is clean prior to starting your work. I just installed the Quickshot and really havent had time to evaluate the change if there was one. I left my carb adjusted as JD recommended when I installed his jetting kit and I had done the BK/GB Mod years ago, so my carb was actually performing very well prior to the quickshot install. Always looking for more.

What I do know is that once I installed my ZipTy fuel screw and got it dialed in just right(I do it before every ride now)

Can you describ this process? Is it by ear? :thumbsup:

I'm at the same point you are with my '02 426...let me know what you come up with and how it worked for you!

I just scored a new/used/still in the wrapper Quickshot ap cover so I'll try that first, plus it's a no-brainer to install. If it helps the stalling I'll keep in on, if not I'll remove it and try the BK mod instead. I'll post my findings.