HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrKtmkid

Amsoil over Motul oil?

5 posts in this topic

I've been using Motul synthetic oil in my KTM450exc since I got it about 9 months ago. I recently used Amsoil synthetic in my Dr650 and was really happy with the results. I was thinking about switching to Amsoil in my KTM...Any suggestions, advise?

I use the Amsoil 20W50 in my 450EXC. Works great. As frequently as I change oil (every 7-10 hours), I could probably use about any MC oil. But for the $$, The Amsoil is a good oil.

I've been using Motul synthetic oil in my KTM450exc since I got it about 9 months ago. I recently used Amsoil synthetic in my Dr650 and was really happy with the results. I was thinking about switching to Amsoil in my KTM...Any suggestions, advise?

I'm sure you could switch to Amsoil from the Motul. Actually, any quality motorcycle synthetic would be fine. I've used Motul, Mobil 1 and Amsoil in the past.....basically whatever is handy.

I'm curious about what made you "happy with the results" of using Amsoil in your DR650? Did you notice a difference in performance, operating temps? I can't notice any difference between the oils listed above.

R

I'm curious about what made you "happy with the results" of using Amsoil in your DR650? Did you notice a difference in performance, operating temps? I can't notice any difference between the oils listed above.

R

Yes Im curious about the same thing...

When I bought the Dr it had been running on reg castrol engine oil. I knew it when I purchased it but the clutch was also going out. When I put the amsoil in it the engine ran much smoother and cooler, it shuttered a little bit at idle and that went away too. %90 of the clutch slipping went away too. I was just very happy with the results and even though I already had a new cutch on the way I was really impressed with the dif it made in the slipping. Athough my KTM is running and always has ran great I was just wondering if the Amsoil was a better oil for all bikes.