HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cadvette

Upper & Lower Triple Clamps

18 posts in this topic

I need new triple clamps for my 03 WR450.

My bike was hit by a van while sitting on the trailer and sustained major front end damage(bent f rim,handle bars,upper & lower triple clamps, both forks). I got the insurance settlement now it is time to put it back in shape. I don't want to use the stock Yamaha clamps. What kind of Triple Clamps do you guys recommend and what is out there for the WR line.

there are many after market parts and all are equally excellant. The are usaully alot thicker and stronger than the stocks. I know for a fact the TAGS have holes for the handelbars so you can move your bars back, stock and forward depending on your needs.

good luck :thumbsup::applause::applause:

Before you order any of the aftermarket stuff, check to make sure that there are the bosses to mount all of the wiring and related hardware that is mounted on the top triple clamp of the WR. Zip ties look tacky. :thumbsup:

Jim

Before you order any of the aftermarket stuff, check to make sure that there are the bosses to mount all of the wiring and related hardware that is mounted on the top triple clamp of the WR. Zip ties look tacky. :thumbsup:

Jim

Good point and one which is probably overlooked often.

or, get a moderate drill press, drill the holes for the small bolts, tap them, and use the original parts off your tripples.

should be simple to do with a decent drill press/clamp, drill press can be had for 50 bucks. and just grab the little wire clamp things off your stock parts, they should be reusable.

I use the new Pro Taper adjustable top clamp with the rubber/poly insulator. this is an excellent clamp even price wise.It was listed for a YZ ,so with some gentle bending everything went back where it was originally except the upper side mounting points for the head light plastic. Two black ziptyes aren't that noticable when run through the little scoop vents. The RG3 was my next choice since the pinch bolts face the other way and should keep everything stock.

Hey there Guys,

mmm i just brought an 02 426... and it has triple clamps... what do they do? or there advantages....

thanx Mark

they hold your forks and handlebars to the bike

sure!!!!!!!!!! but what are their advantages to stock ones...

I am no expert, but when I asked the salesman at Yam, he said they were stronger than the stock ones. He also said that the average rider wouldnt break the stock ones. Aftermarket 3xclamps can also change the angle the forks set the front wheel on the ground, affecting the way the bike handles. Then you can also get clamps that have rubber mounts for the handlebars, reducing vibrations.

I have Applied on my 02 and thney work very well. I still have my stock tripples if they will fit the 03.

I am no expert, but when I asked the salesman at Yam, he said they were stronger than the stock ones. He also said that the average rider wouldnt break the stock ones. Aftermarket 3xclamps can also change the angle the forks set the front wheel on the ground, affecting the way the bike handles. Then you can also get clamps that have rubber mounts for the handlebars, reducing vibrations.

Thanx for that Mate....

:mad: :mad: :mad::worthy: