Best Skid Plate

Hey guys I'm looking for a good skid plate that protects the clutch cover because i was out this weekend and had a rock put a hole in it. :thumbsup: An suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Glenn

although SC is right... the search doesnt yelled that much information unless you have an hour or so to read it all. i am in the process of getting one. i found that there are two types. ones that go on with hangers and ones that go on with stock holes. to me i want one with stock holes. the one that i can actually see a picture of is the flateland one and that has uses stock holes so i think thats what im going to get. (easy on and easy off) also i am going to call ThumperTalk monday to see how the TT goes on and who makes it. i might just get that one if it uses stock holes. hope this helps

Coop

ONE WORD,,,

WELL ITS NOT REALLY A WORD AND I WILL SPELL IT WRONG ANYWAYS

GYT-R, OR IS IT GTY-R?? OR GYTT-R

YAMMIES AFTERMARKET SKID PLATE, (ok enough of the CAPS LOCK)

i have bottomed out very hard, it still holds up, it fits nice, check it out :thumbsup:

I bought an MSR aluminum one for 50 bucks brand new from the shop! Protects and holds up very well

I agree with FlameDogs almost incoherent ramble. Go with the GYTR Enduro Skid Plate (GYT-5TJ34-SP-AL). It bolts onto stock holes.

Mine has taken a killer beating and has held up strong.

Moose is the beefiest one out there. Darn near bulletproof.

GYT-R is like a large snow shovel. It covers everything. Mounts up using existing holes. I understand the 07' has this on it. You won't be disappinted.

i got the getterdun plate and saturday i put it to the test...came out of z creekbed climbed the side to find no ground. i am supprised my frame didnt break......but a getterdun plate )

my bike came with a devol plate on it. it's nice, and bolts directly to the frame with existing holes. it works very well, and i like it.

on my KTM, i had a utah/MSR/moose plate. it was a lot thicker, and seemed much sturdier.

i have to remove the skidplates when doing maintenance for both.

they are both good. which ever one you use will be great. i've had great protection and experience with both types.

thanks for all the information it really helps

Glenn