Old 600L twin carb verses 650L single carb

I just wonder if the old twin carb 600L would smoke the 650L with the emission plumbing removed? Certainly with it on I suppose?

I do remember my 83 600L TCarb would push 103 ( totally max with head down,level road) on the speedo so minus even 5 or 10 MPH (speedo error) and it still seems to smoke the newer 650 . I know gearing plays some what of a role in it but a few on here including me say the twin carbers really ran good.

Anyone ever have the chance to do a comparison test (powerband & top speed) between the two?

I just wonder if the old twin carb 600L would smoke the 650L with the emission plumbing removed? Certainly with it on I suppose?

I do remember my 83 600L TCarb would push 103 ( totally max with head down,level road) on the speedo so minus even 5 or 10 MPH (speedo error) and it still seems to smoke the newer 650 . I know gearing plays some what of a role in it but a few on here including me say the twin carbers really ran good.

Anyone ever have the chance to do a comparison test (powerband & top speed) between the two?

Yeah, I think stock vs stock my old xl would outrun an xrl pretty easily. I rode a bone stock xrl and was really disappointed. A little xrl engine work will get you where you want to be with 20th century brakes, suspension and estart but with a 40lb penalty. ?

I relatively stock from I think that the XL600 would have a slight edge. The dual carbs make up for the 50cc less displacement. One other difference is the 650L is higher. Higher means more air resistance. The 650L would need more hp to go as fast.

Get into some nasty single track and the 650L will blow that XL600 away due to the vastly superior suspension.