Best dune 4 stroke ?

If you want me to post 5 more you better tell me how because i dont even know how i posted 3, I think it was either direcway or thumpertalk that glitched because i only pressed post once.

thank you for realizing my problem ? maybe you can fix it ?? instead of being facetious

dunno, the CRF, or YZ will handle the dunes better being lighter, but they don't have lights. although I bought a rail because riding the bike in the dunes at night sucks. I hit up glamis and buttercup once or twice a month from sept. till april or may.

Theres only one king of the dunes the CR500!!

Amen! Truly the CR500 is THE sand king. I know it doesn't truly answer your question, as it's a 2-stroke.

As far as 4-strokes are concerned, to answer your question, I think you came up with the solution yourself...coincidence. Perhaps a nearby dealer had a sale on Hondas recently, who knows? Honda does outsell all other off-road manufacturers, with the CRF's right on top of the pile. It's simply numbers, that's all.

Just remember, Yamaha invented high-performance 4-stroke bikes. Prior to '98, the only thing available was Honda's XR line, still the most bullet-proof engine out there, but a dinosaur nonetheless. If I had my druthers, I'd have my WR, a KTM 450 XC-W, a BRP, and a Service Honda CR500AF. Then all my dirt bike needs would be fully satisfied...SC

Yeah, but why start a thread like this anyway? Are you not happy with your ride? Seems pretty pointless to me.

PLEASE REPLY TO THE POST IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT.

I have only ridden a 250f on the dunes i HAVE NOT rode my 426 on the dunes yet so i cant say that i am happy

if im not happy i want to know WHAT the best 4 stroke for the dunes is.....

DO you see where im going ?? <dont answer this

Why would you ride a 250F is you had a 426 to ride for the dunes. Power is almost everything in the sand. Why don't you stop asking what the best bike for the dunes is and go out and try your 426 and make a decision for yourself. Who cares what the best bike is as long as you are riding and having fun....

This thread is retarded, but I still had to reply.

Why would you ride a 250F is you had a 426 to ride for the dunes. Power is almost everything in the sand. Why don't you stop asking what the best bike for the dunes is and go out and try your 426 and make a decision for yourself. Who cares what the best bike is as long as you are riding and having fun....

This thread is retarded, but I still had to reply.

jonova read my third post third sentence down. ?:applause::applause:

Every time my buddies head out to Glamis I ride everybody's bike just to see where they Stand. I rode a KTM 300 EXC, CR250, KX 250, YZ125, KX125, WR450, KTM 450 EXC, CRF450, YZF 450 and a few quads.

Here's my point of view

The CRF and YZF are without a doubt the most fun, but they both have flaw's.

the YZF over heated on my twice. The CRF was a bitch to start every time i stalled the bike.

The motor on both of this machines is are much the same I almost want to say the YZF had just a tad more juice over the CRF. Power is there on both machines the one thing that made a difference was suspension. The CRF was stock and the suspension felt great for what it is. The YZF is totally hooked up and that made it a ton of fun to ride.

The weight can be a issue if you ride a 2 smoke and jump on a thumper you can cut in and out of the thumpers all day long on 2 strokes, but if those thumpers catch wind on a hill say good night.

I leave you with this. The 2 strokes are super nibble on sand, thumpers are a power house, but the off road bikes with lights out in the dunes are by far the best. Power and suspension is not top notch but you don't need all that when you can ride all day and night.

Eddie ?

Every time my buddies head out to Glamis I ride everybody's bike just to see where they Stand. I rode a KTM 300 EXC, CR250, KX 250, YZ125, KX125, WR450, KTM 450 EXC, CRF450, YZF 450 and a few quads.

Here's my point of view

The CRF and YZF are without a doubt the most fun, but they both have flaw's.

the YZF over heated on my twice. The CRF was a bitch to start every time i stalled the bike.

The motor on both of this machines is are much the same I almost want to say the YZF had just a tad more juice over the CRF. Power is there on both machines the one thing that made a difference was suspension. The CRF was stock and the suspension felt great for what it is. The YZF is totally hooked up and that made it a ton of fun to ride.

The weight can be a issue if you ride a 2 smoke and jump on a thumper you can cut in and out of the thumpers all day long on 2 strokes, but if those thumpers catch wind on a hill say good night.

I leave you with this. The 2 strokes are super nibble on sand, thumpers are a power house, but the off road bikes with lights out in the dunes are by far the best. Power and suspension is not top notch but you don't need all that when you can ride all day and night.

Eddie ?

thank you I am so glad someone answer my question whithout being an ass