HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
650_shark

650l Wheels

9 posts in this topic

I'm new to the world of XRs and was wondering whats the deal with R wheels fitting on an L bike? Looking for an extra set of wheels, you know the old street wheels and dirt wheels. What are the differences in the hubs?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

I'm new to the world of XRs and was wondering whats the deal with R wheels fitting on an L bike? Looking for an extra set of wheels, you know the old street wheels and dirt wheels. What are the differences in the hubs?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

If you are asking if the old XL600R, and XR600R wheels are the same, no. The old XL wheels had a drum rear brake, all XR600R's after 1989 had disc rear wheels. Now, if you are asking if the XR650L wheels are the same as the XR600R wheels, yes, as long as the rear form the XR, as in post 89 is a disc. Allot is the same or will interchange between the XL,XR6R, and XRL.....just not the obvious...

Good info..

What about XR650R vs. XR650L wheels?

**I apologize for not being specific in bike models.**

Ok I have done this!

You need to get new spacers made up to fit the axles.

Everything else will work!

You may need to get a differant rotor or a relocation bracket depending on your intended brake set up and whether you buy wheels that you can change out the carriers for.

They will work you just have to be paitent and determined.

Also acces to a mill and lathe.

If you dont any decent machine shop can do it for you in a matter of minutes if you have the measurements.

Hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Yes it does help and yes I have access to lathes, mills, etc. Now I just need to find some wheels at the right price.

I have a set of xr650l wheels if ur interested. They have the rotors, sprocket, bearings, and axles. I got them off e-bay and have never even put them on.

I have no clue. I just got them off e-bay about a month ago. They look good and the sprocket and rotors look brand new. I can e-mail you pics if you want. Then you can make me an offer.