HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Slide in carb in backwards??

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, a while back (cant find it in search now) i told you guys that my bike would backfire on decel and i have a 50 pilot jet and 3 turns out on my mixture screw. Someone said that possibly part of my slide was in backwards. I just got back of holidays and removed the carb and took pics front and back, can someone tell me is this right or is there that condition on my bike, I need to know asap before i put it back on. Thanks guys.

Attached are a couple of pics.

CarbPics1.jpg

CarbPics.jpg

CarbPics3.jpg

CarbPics2.jpg

Mine looks just like yours, except my slide won't go all the way down now for some reason...

Hey guys, a while back (cant find it in search now) i told you guys that my bike would backfire on decel and i have a 50 pilot jet and 3 turns out on my mixture screw. Someone said that possibly part of my slide was in backwards. I just got back of holidays and removed the carb and took pics front and back, can someone tell me is this right or is there that condition on my bike, I need to know asap before i put it back on. Thanks guys.

Attached are a couple of pics.

CarbPics1.jpg

CarbPics.jpg

CarbPics3.jpg

CarbPics2.jpg

looks good to me...

partimage.gifx?d=51817,2,0

Ok, i guess I will shove it back in again. still have to work out why she's backfiring though on decel with the mixture screw out any less then 3 turns, upped from 48 to 50 pilot jet and it's still exactly the same thing, only now i can start it when cold without using the choke so I know I should be too rich there. Maybe there is something else i can try..

Ok how do i disable it? I have removed the smog pump thing already, is this the air circuit on the side of the carb? BTW i have my bike done all to yz specs, exhauset camshaft, timing, exhaust. ..... can i go back to 48 pilot then or what other changes do i need to make after modding the ais?

this ais is long gone, i bought the ais removal kit from yamaha first when i bought the bike, i though you meant the air cut valve, maybe i need to mod this so it would be more like the Yz 450 as everything else is.