I am so confused- Need your help

I have been debating about going back to a 2 stroke (07 YZ250), I am 37 years old and ride Vet C. I do love the 4 strokes but they are making me lazy. Do any of you think that it would be a stupid idea to go back to the 2 stroke?

I would ride whatever you will have the most fun on. You can`t lose with two wheels, a leg on each side and your mind in the middle.

I have an '02 426 and an '03 RM 250. I ride twice a week and if I had to pick one bike I would without question keep my 426...as a matter of fact my RM is for sale. I'm not trying very hard to sell it because I still like, but nevertheless I am willing to part with it. I have twice as much fun on the thumper!

I have been debating about going back to a 2 stroke (07 YZ250), I am 37 years old and ride Vet C. I do love the 4 strokes but they are making me lazy. Do any of you think that it would be a stupid idea to go back to the 2 stroke?

If you get this one figured out let EVERYONE know. I do feel like I get lazy on the 4-strokes and have been having more fun on my 250 2-stroke lately. If you are out for the fun factor then ride the one you enjoy most, if you race I guess a stop watch might help make up your mind.

You aren't getting lazy really, that's just how a thumper works. They are easier to ride for the most part if you ride them like a thumper. It is fun to go ride a two stroke every now and then, but it wears off after a bit for me.

I would think if it is making you lazy then maybe it is easier to ride a 4 stroke. So then maybe you could ride better and faster etc.

The problem I have with the 4 stroke is that engine brake. You need to keep up the herbs when you come across an unexpected jump. This doesn't make me lazy..

I am lazy too I guess...2strokes are too much work........... :thumbsup:

I'm older than you and decided in January to go with a 4-stroke. I grew up on 2-strokes and I won't go back. It was a tough decision to choose a thumper after spending all my life on zingers.

Honestly, I don't feel that my thumper makes me feel lazier. I feel it's just as physically demanding, because I can get on the throttle sooner and the brakes later. As a result, I seem to be fighting the forces of acceleration and deceleration much more on my thumper than on my zinger. I feel it's just as mentally demanding, because I can now focus on the track, strategy and line selection instead of focusing on how to keep the zinger under control and in the meat of its power band. I find myself trying all kinds of different lines and entering/exiting corners harder with my thumper.

When I crank on the throttle of my thumper it moves forward immediately and I'm fighting acceleration while trying to keep the front wheel down. On my zinger, instead of instant forward movement, I would get instant wheel spin.

I also think that the additional weight of the thumper makes you work a bit harder.

I am having an absolute blast with my thumper.

Thought I'd share my experience and opinions with you. Good Luck.

Dang, you'll have to put a lot of money into your new bike to equal that thing. I'm a big Yami fan and I don't like Suzuki, but that thing is sharp! :thumbsup:

Nice RMZ.

Just a question and I hope the other forum members don't stone me for saying it but if You have that nice of a RMZ then why are you buying a new YZF? Or are you like me and enjoy building and modding as much as riding?

Hell no. An 07 YZ250 would be a great choice. If I had the $$'s to spend on a new bike, I would highly consider a new YZ250. Any of the new bikes whether 2 or 4-Stroke are simply awesome. The new 2-Strokes are incredible as well and make all around great bikes. If you get a chance, ride one.

I have made my decision, I will be on a 07 YZF450(white). With all the research and now with Honda coming out with the CRF150 the 2 strokes will be dead soon. I hope I will be happy with the YZF compared to my 06 RM-Z450. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/krony506/108_0874.jpg

Sweet bike! :thumbsup: