What would you do...06 or 07?

My son thinks he's ready to ride my 426 full time so I'm going to use that as an excuse to finally get a 450!

The 07's are almost here but there are a couple dealers around here that still have an '06 on the floor (including one yellow SE). It appears that Yamaha just made a few tweaks to the '07 450...and I haven't heard of any glaring problems with the '06 450 that needed to be remedied in '07

So do I make a killer deal on one of the remaining '06's or pony up for an '07?

What would you do?

Id go with the 06 because to be honest i dont really think that dealers (around here anyway) know when the 07's will be out, besides, you can save alot of $$ if you get an 06. I was asking myself the same question about getting an 06 or 07, and i went ahead and bought the 06 last week. Definately a good decision!! ?

The white is so hot though! thats what I am after.

The white is awesome, as is the yellow...but can't you just buy aftermarket plastics and graphics for less than the extra $$ they want for the SE? Either way, if I end up with white or yellow I think that a set of black Excels are in my future.

By the way, with all the crashing I do in Hare Scrambles (it's all the dust...really!) I wonder how long a white bike would continue looking nice? The upside is that I wouldn't have all the white crease marks in the fenders and shrouds that the blue is so famous for!

The white is awesome, as is the yellow...but can't you just buy aftermarket plastics and graphics for less than the extra $$ they want for the SE? Either way, if I end up with white or yellow I think that a set of black Excels are in my future.

By the way, with all the crashing I do in Hare Scrambles (it's all the dust...really!) I wonder how long a white bike would continue looking nice? The upside is that I wouldn't have all the white crease marks in the fenders and shrouds that the blue is so famous for!

+1 on the black wheels, except mine will be forged Marchensi's for supermoto!

For what its worth, I have an 06 450 and love this machine! I moved the front forks up one notch, had the suspension set up for my weight and the type of racing I do. (TORO and Enduro) Fixed the jetting and this bike is amazing. WAAAY more bike than I could ever handle.

If it were me, I would go with the '06 and spend the difference on other goodies!!

The white is awesome, as is the yellow...but can't you just buy aftermarket plastics and graphics for less than the extra $$ they want for the SE?

I remember back in April when I first got on this board, or some month around there...we had a thread discussing this. If you buy the OEM plastics and graphics it will cost you $400 more, or maybe it was more. I know the shrouds are very expensive a piece. Now other companies make the plastic, so it might be just about the same, if not cheaper. The SE bikes are only $200 more so I don't think its much of a difference.