Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kerry400f

carb problems

3 posts in this topic

Okay, here's the news. I have a '98 yz400f tht i need to sell because I'm getting a '06 yz450f, but i went to start my 400 the other day and my choke leaks a little bit of gas.I am wondering a seal maybe :thumbsup: or i need to replace the choke.I started the bike and it was idling fine and while I was watching my choke a little puff of gas comes out from around the choke. Any help would be appreciated

Oh yea I'm getting the '06 for $4,000 used with about 2 hours on it.

Okay, here's the news. I have a '98 yz400f tht i need to sell because I'm getting a '06 yz450f, but i went to start my 400 the other day and my choke leaks a little bit of gas.I am wondering a seal maybe :thumbsup: or i need to replace the choke.I started the bike and it was idling fine and while I was watching my choke a little puff of gas comes out from around the choke. Any help would be appreciated

Oh yea I'm getting the '06 for $4,000 used with about 2 hours on it.

Nice score on the YZ450F. Looks like you need a new screename now!!

:applause:

As far as the carb goes, there is a seal behind the Choke slide that has probably deteriorated and needs to be replaced.

Yea, I can't wait to get it. It will be about 2 weeks though. I will check behind the choke, but i don't want to tear the bike a part when I'm selling,but it has to be done. Thanks.