HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michelb7

Radiator Damage

3 posts in this topic

I recently layed down my 06 450F. I didn't realize it at first, but one of my radiators got dinged a bit. The radiator bent bent back about 1/4" and pinched the fins closest to the bolts. The radiator is not bent. It is the panel where the bolts attach to the frame. Is this OK? Should I replace the radiator? What should I look for if it is a problem? PLEASE HELP. :thumbsup:

If it's no worse than that, you can often remove the shroud and carefully twist it back in shape by hand. Fins that are pinched together can be straighten out with a toothpick or similar. Tubes (the vertical elements of the radiator that carry coolant) should be left alone unless they are bent badly enough to be a problem.

For serious repairs, Mylers.

I was hoping you would reply. I've come to find out that your advise should be highly noted. The last problem I had with one of my bikes...you fixed. Thank you!!!! I guess you are older and YZer!!! :thumbsup: