Stripped thread in chian guide

Today i went to change the swing arm chain guide and when I took one of the bottom bolts out it came out will some metal on it ( being the thread from the nut that is weld into the swing arm) (also i have never taken that bolt out yet so it came from the factory. So when i tried to thread the bolt back in it was terribly stripped and now it will just barly hold it in place. I am gunna try running a tape through it and see if that might work. Does anyone have anyother suggestions ????

Simple trick is to take a paper clip and run it through with the bolt, the bolt will cause the clip to creat a spring shape inside the hole and hold in place, not sure how big the thread is, I have use this trick before and held perfect. It actually backs out when bolt is remove, and just put another paperclip, or tape and get new bolt!

Good luck!!!!

1> Use a Time Sert

2> Use a Heli-Coil

3> Re-thread by drilling and tapping to the next largest size.

Each is nearly as simple as running the bolt in with tape, and a much better fix.

1> Use a Time Sert

2> Use a Heli-Coil

3> Re-thread by drilling and tapping to the next largest size.

Each is nearly as simple as running the bolt in with tape, and a much better fix.

Do it right the first time..Youll be happier because you did..trust me.

I did the same thing on the top of the swingarm. I simply drilled it out, and went to the next largest Metric size tap, and replaced it with a metric bolt from Lowe's . Works great , and is easy to do. I don't recollect the new size off the top of my head though.