Noise Reduction Strategies for WR450

Am currently running a stock muffler with the baffle removed on my '05 WR450 and would like to quiet down the exhaust. Is the Promoto Billet WRF insert a good solution? Are there other products or strategies? Am not concerned about giving up a little power and want to reduce the noise by 5 or more db.

Thanks.

Cairn

fmf q2

Thanks BigBlueKnight...a great solution...anyone using the PMB muffler insert or other insert to the stock muffler???

Cairn

Love my PMB. Quiet and gives you a power increase over stock.

you could put the baffle back in

Thanks for the feedback Tony1970 & TuningFork426. Short of knowing the facts, I assume that the PMB insert and the stock baffle serve the same function but the PMB insert provides better flow/performance at about the same noise level. Anyone know if this is a good assumption.

Appreciate the responses.

Cairn

Thanks for the feedback Tony1970 & TuningFork426. Short of knowing the facts, I assume that the PMB insert and the stock baffle serve the same function but the PMB insert provides better flow/performance at about the same noise level. Anyone know if this is a good assumption.

Appreciate the responses.

Cairn

The PMB insert replaces the stock baffle, and provides better flow with only a small increase in sound. They state that there is a 5hp increase with it. Quiet Is Cool also makes a similar baffle to the PMB. If you do not want to spend the money on a new slip on pipe I would go with the PMB set up and spend your money on suspension work.

Got it. Thanks, Tony.

The GYT-R baffle is only ~$40 and will get you to 96db.

The quiet is cool insert works really good and is 94DB.

www.quietiscool.com

I have the PMB insert on the 05 muffler that I'm running on my 03 WR. It works so much better than the stock pea shooter and only increases the sound a small amount. It was money well spent.

Jim

I am running the PMB insert and just rode the Colorado 500 where they have strict noise regulations. My bike tested at 90 decibels and it runs great! I highly recommend the PMB insert.

Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Cairn