HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cairn

Noise Reduction Strategies for WR450

13 posts in this topic

Am currently running a stock muffler with the baffle removed on my '05 WR450 and would like to quiet down the exhaust. Is the Promoto Billet WRF insert a good solution? Are there other products or strategies? Am not concerned about giving up a little power and want to reduce the noise by 5 or more db.

Thanks.

Cairn

Thanks BigBlueKnight...a great solution...anyone using the PMB muffler insert or other insert to the stock muffler???

Cairn

Thanks for the feedback Tony1970 & TuningFork426. Short of knowing the facts, I assume that the PMB insert and the stock baffle serve the same function but the PMB insert provides better flow/performance at about the same noise level. Anyone know if this is a good assumption.

Appreciate the responses.

Cairn

Thanks for the feedback Tony1970 & TuningFork426. Short of knowing the facts, I assume that the PMB insert and the stock baffle serve the same function but the PMB insert provides better flow/performance at about the same noise level. Anyone know if this is a good assumption.

Appreciate the responses.

Cairn

The PMB insert replaces the stock baffle, and provides better flow with only a small increase in sound. They state that there is a 5hp increase with it. Quiet Is Cool also makes a similar baffle to the PMB. If you do not want to spend the money on a new slip on pipe I would go with the PMB set up and spend your money on suspension work.

I have the PMB insert on the 05 muffler that I'm running on my 03 WR. It works so much better than the stock pea shooter and only increases the sound a small amount. It was money well spent.

Jim

I am running the PMB insert and just rode the Colorado 500 where they have strict noise regulations. My bike tested at 90 decibels and it runs great! I highly recommend the PMB insert.