Beware !!

I have bought a new "DAKAR" lighting kit made by ElectroSport. This product is the most 1/2 cocked bucket of JUNK the I have ever came across!

Everything in the package is wrong. Diagrams are poor at best and the components are not assembled or manufactured well. It was missing parts etc... I would rate them a "3" on the scale of 1-10.

If you ever loose a Ignition Key you MUST replace the key switch. ($40.00)

I went to Locksmiths and NO ONE was able to match up the keys to make a backup set. The switch is made in Argentina. This is silly that you can't even get a key made.

I called Electro Sport and they say if the key is lost you MUST replace the works lol !

I also got a Speedo from them and the cable will not fix my XR650R they are stumped ! They have sent me 2 cables both WRONG . And I do speak English very clear !!!

BEWARE of the "DAKAR" lighting Kit !! Electro Sport has a JUNK product !!!

Oh yes the price for this crap was $499.00 OMG !!!!!!! Plus $149.00 for Speedo :applause::applause::thumbsup:

I have bought a new "DAKAR" lighting kit made by ElectroSport. This product is the most 1/2 cocked bucket of JUNK the I have ever came across!

Everything in the package is wrong. Diagrams are poor at best and the components are not assembled or manufactured well. It was missing parts etc... I would rate them a "3" on the scale of 1-10.

If you ever loose a Ignition Key you MUST replace the key switch. ($40.00)

I went to Locksmiths and NO ONE was able to match up the keys to make a backup set. The switch is made in Argentina. This is silly that you can't even get a key made.

I called Electro Sport and they say if the key is lost you MUST replace the works lol !

I also got a Speedo from them and the cable will not fix my XR650R they are stumped ! They have sent me 2 cables both WRONG . And I do speak English very clear !!!

BEWARE of the "DAKAR" lighting Kit !! Electro Sport has a JUNK product !!!

Oh yes the price for this crap was $499.00 OMG !!!!!!! Plus $149.00 for Speedo :applause::applause::applause:

Dude do what I would do if I were you, and shoot yourself :thumbsup:

I also posted about some motorcycle shop that had a junk net sales close to my first post.....I got lucky and most on the group about 70% had also had very bad dealings but, some are not as lucky and you can get roasted for blowing the whistle. Back when I was going to get a lighting kit I almost bought what you did but, I ran across a post about how much trouble someone had making it work and decided to make my own. It is great when someone helps and lets everyone know when they get junk or bad business....just not always a good idea to do it on your first post. Some other web pages that might help.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

http://www.xr650r.us/

they have lots of links.

XR's Only is the one I had a bad time with ..... a few bad times......

I think I already have shot myself :applause: By NOT returning it the 1st day.

Being stuboron as a root on a hillside I kept this thing and made it all work. Which I am happy with the end result. It looks good and works well.

But my advise to someone smarter is DO NOT buy from these clowns. It should have been a simple "Plug & Play"

Yes sometimes I will cut off my own nose off to spite my face :applause: I also say DNF is not an option :applause: !! lol Ya know it started out with a small thing and just kept snowballing one thing after another.

The BRP is one kick butt motorcycle and now being road legal -"supermotoed" and GPS connected the Blueridge Parkway and the Surounding mountains are mine to explore :thumbsup:

My buddy and I road about 25 miles on "hiker,fire road and horse trails" from the info the GPS unit gave us ! This weekend maybe 75 miles of unexplored !!

:applause: When your done riding just tap the GPS and it finds you a highway !

Dam this thing is sweet :ride:)))))))))))))))

Without the GPS info we would have never found any of this riding area. The Funny part with the mountains you might be right next to some great riding and never see it.

The XR650R is the bullet proof BEST on - off road bike out there. Mount the Garmin GPS get the right topo software and enjoy this ride.

Too bad you had such a bad experience. I had just the opposite experiences with their Dakar kits. I had bought several of these kits for our bikes and they were a piece of cake to install. I've also installed several more of these same kits for other bikes for friends and for customers while moonlighting at a local shop. I only had one issue on one of my bikes that turned out to be a bad regulator/rectifier, but Electrosport quickly took care of it for me without any hassles. Out of all the kits I looked at when I made my purchase a while back, I thought this was the best kit out there at the time for 'my' wants / needs, but none of these kits I've seen are perfect (Electrosport, Baja Designs, eLine, Tick Dual Sport, etc). I ride one of my 650R's three to five times a week on the steet and haven't had any issues with my Dakar kit in the last ~2 years that I've been using it. Now that I've said that, it will probably go up in smoke tomorrow :thumbsup:

As far as getting keys made, I simply stopped at one of those little key shops in the parking lot on a corner block near my local Autozone and they made me spare keys for my Electrosport Dakar kits right then and there without any issues. The keys are a little longer than stock, but they work just fine. If you want to scan one of your keys into a pic, I can tell you if the keys you're using are different than mine. I can also take your pic to the key place near me since I ride by their several times a week and and see if they have more key blanks. If they do, I can pick some up for you if you want to pay for the blanks and shipping.

I should have done a search on these kits before I bought one. The connectors were wrong and they were little help in setting me strait. They had no clue of what I was talking about when I called them with my problem. I said I would email them a few pics. When I called back they were on the phone and them they went home for the weekend. Thanks guys. A waste of my time and 500.00 Maybe I am the only one that has had this problem, but think about it when you are spending your 500 dollars on a D/S kit.

I have had 3 Dakar kits, 2 on XR650R's.

Yes, the instructions are vague, and the Acewell speedo wires were backwards on 2 kits. Electrosport needs to work on the intructions and the assembly! :naughty:

If you have any common mechanical sense and a good multi meter you will be fine.

If I needed another DS kit, I would still buy the Dakar. It has the nicest fit and finish (looks OEM) and great product support/customer service.

They are still the best DS kit out there. :bonk: