Malcolm on a Honda commercial

That was pretty cool. I love old-school stuff like that.

Here is a real NOOBIE question now.......... Don't cast me into the depths of hell but............. Who is Malcolm?

(my sick sense tells me he was a racer guy from back then? ? )

PIP

That was pretty cool. I love old-school stuff like that.

Here is a real NOOBIE question now.......... Don't cast me into the depths of hell but............. Who is Malcolm?

(my sick sense tells me he was a racer guy from back then? ? )

PIP

To be frank, or anyone else for that matter, go rent or just buy "On Any Sunday" And you'll learn who he is, in fact, also get OAS II and the sequel OAS revisited. Malcom Smith is like oh, Jesus's second in command to motorcycling. He was for a while, the king of the desert.

Yes, I have seen the movie but it did not dawn on me till now. :applause:

And seeing that I am just getting back into dirt riding and never have been the type to buy stuff just cuz of a name, I rather shop for quality (not that MSR is bad or anything) I also never made the connection to the initials.

So....... I now feel more enlightened and educated. Dam I like this site. ?

PIP

Pip,

Are you the only guy on the planet who hasn't seen "On Any Sunday"?

And I hope your "sick sense" was a typo for "sixth sense..."

In reference to the sick / sixth sense: Depends who you ask, I work in a female dominated field, and if the wife is mad at me or not. ?

PIP

Fred Ward as Lyle Swan

I dont remember the name of that movie -Timerider maybee? Good flick, I think they used a Yamaha TT500 in that one. ?

i've been watching ebay for a dvd copy of Timerider but i refuse to pay what its been going for (30-60 bucks). may try to pick up a vhs copy instead. haven't seen it in years.

been trying to get a picture of the bike but to no avail.