power now and power now plus

The 'powernow' line of products is supposed to stop air turbulance in the intake tract and help stop the 'flame out' type of stalling common to 4 strokes. My buddy says it works for him but I just turned up my idle a little and the stalling stopped for me too! ?

When I put on my White Bros E2 unit it strictly said do not rejet...factory jetting is optimal for this exhaust. And it seems to be...for me anyway. I would say that with the power now by its self rejetting would not be required but with everything else you have done you might have to address the issue. But then again if it isnt broken dont fix it.

I assume you added all those parts to your bike to improve the throttle response since 450's make more power than even the pro riders can use. Here is a little free advise for you. The best improvement you will ever find in throttle response cost no more than 2 inches of safety wire. Look over on the CRF 450 page at the thread about wiring the AP. I did this to my 06 450F and it is insane the difference it made.

• 2 weeks later...

well igot the bike on the dyno and re jetted very fat and now she has 57.7 hp and its such a beast on the first ride i (crashed) on a track that i have never came close to falling on but hey the icat and power now are well worth the money,now i can come to a rolling stop and gun the throttle and the bike will not stall i know you guys wish you could do that at all the power inthe 1/4-1/2 throttle is so insane its nuts

The 'powernow' line of products is supposed to stop air turbulance in the intake tract and help stop the 'flame out' type of stalling common to 4 strokes. My buddy says it works for him but I just turned up my idle a little and the stalling stopped for me too! ?

The power now is designed to fake the carburetor in thinking that it is smaller than it is at part throttle to increase torque and horsepower at anything less than half throttle.

It is a proven fact that at half throttle bikes with the Power now make more horsepower than those that do not.

Consequently 250F's don't really benefit as much as 450's because they are wide open more ofter than 450's

I've ran one for 3 years and am not sure what I am going to do when we go EFI.

The power now is designed to fake the carburetor in thinking that it is smaller than it is at part throttle to increase torque and horsepower at anything less than half throttle.

It is a proven fact that at half throttle bikes with the Power now make more horsepower than those that do not.

Consequently 250F's don't really benefit as much as 450's because they are wide open more ofter than 450's

I've ran one for 3 years and am not sure what I am going to do when we go EFI.

EFI won't have the same issues because they don't use slide valves, and they aren't strictly dependent of the behavior of the air flow through the throttle body for their metering.

It may well be true that a 250F that is raced is rarely at half throttle or below, but one that's ridden recreationally is, and the Power Now helps them noticeably by beefing up the weak low end caused by the small engine and aggressive cams. It's also a fact that the PN does nothing for peak power.

As far as a 450 goes, it may work, but I frankly don't see that either of mine need any help in that department. They pull hard at low speeds, part throttle is clean, and if I need more power than it has at half throttle, I can just turn it up.

EFI won't have the same issues because they don't use slide valves, and they aren't strictly dependent of the behavior of the air flow through the throttle body for their metering.

It may well be true that a 250F that is raced is rarely at half throttle or below, but one that's ridden recreationally is, and the Power Now helps them noticeably by beefing up the weak low end caused by the small engine and aggressive cams. It's also a fact that the PN does nothing for peak power.

As far as a 450 goes, it may work, but I frankly don't see that either of mine need any help in that department. They pull hard at low speeds, part throttle is clean, and if I need more power than it has at half throttle, I can just turn it up.

I need all the help I can get at 245, and yes I'm on a diet.