HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntsman337

valve clearances for the 426

13 posts in this topic

hey guys my mate wants me to check his valves on his 2002 yz426f i did a search and could only find the clearances for a 2000 model cheers fella's :thumbsup:

.10-.15mm intakes

.25-.30mm exhausts

This is for the '00 model only, with the stainless steel valves. Ti exhaust valves set .05mm tighter.

Just courious, does anybody know why they went to titanium valves in 02? Was it quicker valve action due to less weight? The longevity seems to be better with the Stainless Steel valves. Any thoughts?

they went Titanium in 2001. The theory is (i believe) that the titanum are lighter therefore less likely to have "valve float" and I suppose, they respond requicker.

I am sure someone who knows for certain will be along soon.

My 01 426 is still going with almost 400hrs on the stock valves.

My 01 426 is still going with almost 400hrs on the stock valves.

And those would be the Titanium valves.

My 2000 WR400 has 9K miles of pretty mean AZ single track, and the motor has never been opened and the valves are always in check. I'm impressed. Hope titanium is as good as the SS valves.