White Brothers E2 Rubbing on rear wheel

Has anyone else had this occur? Spent AUS $700 on a pipe that rubs on the back wheel. I am thinking that I may have twisted the sub-frame in my loop out that bent my original pipe, although everything lines up and it doesn't seem like it. I'm about to add a spacer or two to the mounting points to solve this. :thumbsup:

i just asked this question myself because i thought the reason was my spring was cut shorter by the origional owner.

The answer i was given that seemed the cheapest was to jam a bunch of washers or something to gap the can away from the tire.

good luck :thumbsup:

i just asked this question myself because i thought the reason was my spring was cut shorter by the origional owner.

The answer i was given that seemed the cheapest was to jam a bunch of washers or something to gap the can away from the tire.

good luck :thumbsup:

Thats the hokey way to fix it. If your pipe is rubbing then your subframe is bent. Just bend it back or get a new one.

I had the same problem on my WB E2 pipe. I purchased a longer bolt and used a 3/8" wide spacer where the muffler bolts to the subframe. I used an old inner bearing (perfect sized spacer) left over from a recent rebuild of the lower rear shock bearing.

mine rubs too, its the aluminum pro 2, its got a bunch of tire marks, makes you wonder. :thumbsup:

i was gonna throw in some washers, but the marks come off so i'll leave it

mine rubs too, its the aluminum pro 2, its got a bunch of tire marks, makes you wonder. :thumbsup:

i was gonna throw in some washers, but the marks come off so i'll leave it

Makes you wonder alright. I think I will do the washer thing.

Makes you wonder alright. I think I will do the washer thing.

i thought about it and screw the washer thing. I'm gonna go cut something on the lathe right away :thumbsup:

That will work - my Alum Pro2 does not rub on my 06 - I use stock rear tire size

Something to cosider too is if you have a wider tire on the back of the bike. If its wider than the stock tire then it will be more likely to rub. Otherwise use the washer to space it out. Its not a hokey thing to do. I did it on my bike and you can't even see it.

:thumbsup:

Its not a hokey thing to do. :thumbsup:

thanks...kid hurt my feelings :ride:

That will work - my Alum Pro2 does not rub on my 06 - I use stock rear tire size

i think the millville has big side lugs, so this may be the problem :thumbsup:

I just put on a new Michelin Starcross, but kept the original size, so this shouldn't be the problem.

I just put on a new Michelin Starcross, but kept the original size, so this shouldn't be the problem.

ahhhhhhhhhh yes! my favorite tires MS3's

My E2 rubs too. I used the spacer that came with it....the one you are suposed to use to space your number plate (yz426) it is about 3/8 thick and the tire STILL rubs. guess I need to add more to it.

My E2 rubs too. I used the spacer that came with it....the one you are suposed to use to space your number plate (yz426) it is about 3/8 thick and the tire STILL rubs. guess I need to add more to it.

i forgot about that thing, now that you mentioned it i'm gona go put it in :thumbsup:

That spacer didn't do squat