It Can Be Done... YZ Graphics on a WR

I am so proud... Its an 03 WR with YZ graphics ?current? bought by mistake... Rather than send them back, I set out to re-assure peoples doubts about fitting... ? Rather easy actually! Tell me what you think!!

I dont have the whole kit on yet, Not sure if I will as it might look a little too "Captain America" :ride:

Oh and I will be covering up the little YZ sticker if I get fussy.

DSC01078.JPG

DSC01079.JPG

I had to shorten the bottom hole run, and trim a few mm here and there. the Secret is getting a overall general proportionate fitting and then trim a little here and there after its fitted. The YZ seat went straight on.

"did u have to rejet?

lol j/k looks purdy"

Ahh, actually I did... Funny though as the Dyno reckons the fuel/ air is perfect, however it surges from 0 to 1/8th..?? I guess thats another story... I read about the TPS, Might try that today if I can get away fromt the sunday domestic stuff.

isnt that a yz seat tank and shrouds though??? my wr only has three boltholes on the shroud? and the tank is a different shape? is this just because my wr is a different year???

Yep, Mines an aussie 03. And its all WR. Whats yours?

Was the Red Bull sticker on the cylinder part of the sticker set. Looks good, well done.

The red bull sticker is not a sticker at all, Its a can of red bull that has the top and bottom cut off of it. The ?circumpherence? is perfect for the rear shock reservoir. Hold it on with two cable ties.

The red bull sticker is not a sticker at all, Its a can of red bull that has the top and bottom cut off of it. The ?circumpherence? is perfect for the rear shock reservoir. Hold it on with two cable ties.

That red bull idea is sweet!

That has to be the most ingenious thing to come out of Australia since Florey discovered Penicillin. Well done.

Nice work with the stickers too!

Yes,

1. Take off all graphics

2. clean with degreaser

3. buff with steel wool (optional)

4. clean again.

5. spray with windex lots... windex will allow you to reposition, but lock it in place as well.

6. Once you found the position, apply pressure with a paper towel with inside to outside movment.. this will get rid of the windex under the graphic.

7. Use a very sharp knife (stanley, or exacto) Trim the over hanging edges. I took an extra 1mm inside the edge of the plastic. Try and follow the lines of the original graphic.

8. Once the graphic is in place and trimmed, take a hair dryer to it and keep smoothing it with the papaer towel. There will be some risen edges that will adhere when heated. This will also get rid of any excess windex.

9. POST YOUR RESULTS...

Duke2au Hate to burst your bubble but unless aussie bikes were made waaay diffrent that looks like a yz seat and tank and wr shrouds.. which btw are interchangeable for those of you out there who didnt know any diffrent... ?