HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drtbkfan

06' WR450 fender, swingarm and lower fork graphics

3 posts in this topic

Are the 06' YZF and WR front fenders, swingarms and lower fork guards the same shape? I'd like to get some graphics for the front fender, swingarm and lower fork guards on my 06 WR450, but all the catalogs only list the YZFs and I'm not sure what will fit or not. It seems as tho' the 05-06 WRs are the same while the 06' YZF is listed separately from the earlier models. Which YZF graphics will fit an 06' WR450? Thanks!

-drtbkfan

MIne is an '04 (diiferent all around to yours) and when I was looking for graphics the front fender and swingarm were the same as the YZ. The shrouds and lower fork guards were different. I believe the only difference in the fork guards is the right side where the odometer cable is attached- other than I think thy're the same. One way to check is to go to yamaha. com and search the parts catalog and compare part numbers to diffreent bikes. Worked for me. I would bet that many of the '06 YZ parts would fit yours.

MIne is an '04 (diiferent all around to yours) and when I was looking for graphics the front fender and swingarm were the same as the YZ. The shrouds and lower fork guards were different. I believe the only difference in the fork guards is the right side where the odometer cable is attached- other than I think thy're the same. One way to check is to go to yamaha. com and search the parts catalog and compare part numbers to diffreent bikes. Worked for me. I would bet that many of the '06 YZ parts would fit yours.

nah the fork guards all together are different

YZF ones are alot slimmer and streamlined, WR has big fat cankle guards that are squarish (yzf are good for supermoto btw)

well at least for 04-05yz,05-06wr

PS 06 YZF is a totally different bike so in terms of graphic kits it wont fit becuz of the shrouds moslty(they wrap around the whole tank, front to seat)