HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JGalt

IMS 4.0 on an XR600

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if you can fit a second petcock on the IMS 4.0 tank? I just noticed that there must be a half gallon in the right side that can't get to the engine, or am I wrong?

Does anyone know if you can fit a second petcock on the IMS 4.0 tank? I just noticed that there must be a half gallon in the right side that can't get to the engine, or am I wrong?

Is there a boss on that side with a coverplate on it with a petcock mount under it? My Acerbis 5 gallon doesn't do that or have provision for a second petcock, but my Acerbis 7 gallon tank has a petcock on both sides for that reason....

There is no boss on the right side of the IMS tank. I suspect I would have to cut a hole and epoxy a fitting on. Someone has had to have crossed this bridge before.

Mate drop the idea

You do not need 2 fuel taps.

Lean the bike over and the fuel runs to the left.

I use the XR mostly for dual sporting on flat roads hence the desire to put a second petcock.

I have the same tank on the L.....If you get to reserve you have plenty of time to go and get more gas....If you want to drain every drop out of both sides just lean the bike over once and it will transfer.